Baton Rouge, Louisiana
7 Day Forecast
Follow our weather team on social media

Home ruled total loss after electrical malfunction sparks early-morning fire

3 months 4 days 21 hours ago Tuesday, April 16 2024 Apr 16, 2024 April 16, 2024 6:36 AM April 16, 2024 in News

BATON ROUGE - A fire off Greenwell Springs Road left three people displaced Tuesday morning. 

The baton Rouge Fire Department said the fire started at a home on Redwood Drive off Monterrey Boulevard near Greenwell Springs. The fire started in the second-story extension of the home and was caused by an electrical malfunction. 

No civilian injuries were reported, but a firefighter received minor burns to his shoulder while working the fire. 

The home was considered a total loss. The Red Cross was called to assist the residents. 

More News

Desktop News

Click to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
7 Days