Firefighters extinguish flame at apartment complex on Old Hammond Hwy
BATON ROUGE - Fire officials were called to the Spires of Sherwood apartment complex on Old Hammond Hwy in reference to a fire in the complex Monday evening.
Firefighters were able extinguish the flames. EMS was contacted to check out an infant for possible smoke inhalation, but the infant is believed to be fine, according to officials.
BRFD said the fire was caused by a pot left on the stove. While firefighters were able to quickly extinguish the flame, the apartment received heavy smoked damage.
Out of the 24 unit building, only 2 units were damages, according to BRFD.
Red Cross officials were also called to the scene.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Meeting about future of Capitol High brings more questions than answers
Fish Bayou flood control project wrapping up; Alligator Bayou Road soon to...
Comite Diversion completion date now at the end of 2025
United Way receives overwhelming amount of applicants for utility assistance
Months after deputies raided police department, missing money suddenly found in evidence...
WATCH: LSU QB Garrett Nussmeier talks to media about fall camp
WATCH: LSU QB Jayden Daniels talks fall camp
LSU QB Myles Brennan quitting football, not at practice Monday morning
Sports2's 1-on-1 with 5 star LSU commit Shelton Sampson
WATCH: 1-on-1 with recent LSU commit QB Rickie Collins