Fire started in laundry room destroys house on Cambridge Street
BATON ROUGE - Firefighters responded to a fully involved house fire on Cambridge Street early Saturday afternoon.
According to the Baton Rouge Fire Department, the fire was reported before 1:00 p.m. in the 6700 block of Cambridge Street.
BRFD arrived on the scene and found the house engulfed in flames. Crews say the fire started from the dryer in the laundry room. It was contained in under 20 minutes.
No injuries were reported.
The estimated cost of damage is valued at $80,000 - a total loss to the home.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Students and parents prepare for a virtual school year in EBR Parish
Reports: Fall college football on shaky ground, Power 5 ponders postponing season
Police investigate shooting at Congress Blvd. condo complex
Schools in Ascension Parish preparing for first day of class on Monday
Trailer containing original artwork, said to be worth thousands, allegedly stolen from...