Faulty bleachers prompt brief evacuation at Woodlawn Middle School
BATON ROUGE - A malfunctioning motor powering a set of folding bleachers prompted an evacuation of a local middle school Monday afternoon.
According to the St. George Fire Department, a motor inside one of the gym bleachers at Woodlawn Middle burned out and began to smoke, causing concern on campus. The school was evacuated shortly before 1 o'clock as a precaution.
Firefighters were able to take care of the faulty equipment, and students were given the OK to return to class by 1:30 p.m.
No injuries or major damages were reported at the school.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Sex offender tenant charged for death of Sadie Roberts-Joseph
Authoriteis respond to fatal crash on Airline Hwy. in St. James Parish
DNA links alleged killer to murder of Sadie Roberts-Joseph
Hundreds gather at vigil to honor Sadie Roberts-Joseph
Motion-activated security camera set off by dog in adorable viral video