Electrical malfunction sparks house fire on White Oak Drive
BATON ROUGE - An electrical malfunction sparked a fire in a vacant house on White Oak Drive Sunday afternoon.
The Baton Rouge Fire Department said the fire started around 2:45 p.m. Sunday on White Oak Drive in a neighborhood off Florida Boulevard.
Crews responding to the blaze found the attic engulfed in flames. They were able to contain the fire to the attic, but the rest of the home sustained water damage.
Firefighters determined the flames were sparked by an electrical malfunction in the home's attic.
No one was living in the house at the time of the fire, and no injuries were reported, according to the fire department.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Day of Hope: ACLU warns of potential civil rights violations during EBR...
Thieves steal thousands of dollars worth of tools off church property for...
DEMCO helps Florida get the lights back on after hurricane
K9 recovering after suspect shot at deputies in Tangipahoa Parish
High-ranking Ascension Parish deputy ticketed for DWI, suspended
Fans' Choice Player of the Week 4: Central's Glen Cage
Plaquemine's Jayden Rogers leading the Green Devils through music
Southeastern knocks off #4 Incarnate Word on Eli Sawyer game winning touchdown...
McKinley High's homecoming football game canceled after bench-clearing brawl broke out between...
LSU Baseball team volunteers with Baton Rouge's Miracle League