CATS approves 20 new bus stop shelters
BATON ROUGE – The Capital Area Transportation System approved 20 new bus stop shelters with solar powered lighting Tuesday afternoon. They’ll be dispersed along Florida Boulevard, Scenic Highway and Harding Boulevard at a cost of $182,600.
The shelters are similar to those already placed along Baton Rouge streets. They provide seating and limited cover from weather for bus riders.
CATS will pay 20% of the costs, roughly $36,000. Federal grants will pay for the remaining 80%.
There is no time line for the completion of the new shelters. CATS has to first initiate a bidding process for the construction.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Planning Commission denies proposal to designate Beauregard Town as historic district
Major drainage project underway in Central
Woman says secret camera was hidden in bathroom for years, disguised as...
Governor calls recent tragedies at DCFS 'real failure'
Hammerhead shark thrashes around just feet from Gulf Coast beachgoers
WATCH: LSU QB Garrett Nussmeier talks to media about fall camp
WATCH: LSU QB Jayden Daniels talks fall camp
LSU QB Myles Brennan quitting football, not at practice Monday morning
Sports2's 1-on-1 with 5 star LSU commit Shelton Sampson
WATCH: 1-on-1 with recent LSU commit QB Rickie Collins