Wednesday night house fire on East Blvd.
BATON ROUGE- A late night house fire destroyed a home on East Boulevard Wednesday night.
Firefighters got the call of a fire at 11:55 p.m. at a residence in the 800 block of East Boulevard.
Firefighters said the fire started in a fireplace. In the fireplace, authorities found a gas heater which potentially could have started the fire.
Authorities said the family, two adults and three children, were able to escape the blaze. No injuries were reported.
The two story structure became unstable on the side where the fire started and a second crew was called. Authorities said that the firefighters were called out of the house for their safety.
Crews were able to bring the fire under control, but authorities say the home is a total loss.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Debates quiet down on proposal to allow bars to stay open on...
Fans' Choice Player of the Week 5: Dutchtown's Gary Dukes
Minor accident caused major delays Wednesday morning
Sheriff: Dealer caught stockpiling drugs at small BR church after buyer died...
Livingston deputy's deadly crash under criminal investigation, heading to grand jury
Fans' Choice Player of the Week 4: Central's Glen Cage
Plaquemine's Jayden Rogers leading the Green Devils through music
Southeastern knocks off #4 Incarnate Word on Eli Sawyer game winning touchdown...
McKinley High's homecoming football game canceled after bench-clearing brawl broke out between...
LSU Baseball team volunteers with Baton Rouge's Miracle League