House considered a total loss after Wednesday night fire
BATON ROUGE- A late night house fire destroyed a home on East Boulevard Wednesday night.
Firefighters got the call of a fire at 11:55 p.m. at a residence in the 800 block of East Boulevard.
Firefighters said the fire started in a fireplace. In the fireplace, authorities found a gas heater which potentially could have started the fire.
Authorities said the family, two adults and three children, were able to escape the blaze. No injuries were reported.
The two story structure became unstable on the side where the fire started and a second crew was called. Authorities said that the firefighters were called out of the house for their safety.
Crews were able to bring the fire under control, but authorities say the home is a total loss.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
School Board to meet Thursday evening regarding 'Smart Start Plan'
Virtual EBR Schools job fair to take place Thursday evening
Family of missing crew aboard capsized offshore oilfield vessel remain hopeful
Thursday morning's storms may be followed by even more storms
Early morning storm in Ascension Parish
'We have a plan': Coach O quiet on how Title IX scandal...
Southeastern regains sole possession of first place in Southland standings with win...
Max Johnson in the mix for LSU starting quarterback job
Coach O admits to mistakes, takes steps to correct them in the...
Saints QB Jameis Winston gets emotional discussing Drew Brees