10 people escape house fire in Baton Rouge
BATON ROUGE- A fire Wednesday morning in Baton Rouge has forced nearly a dozen people out of their home.
The fire broke out at a home on East Black Oak Dr. around 7:30 a.m.
Fire officials say ten people were inside sleeping when the fire started. A neighbor noticed smoke coming from the home and broke a window to alert the family to get out.
One woman cut her hand on the broken glass from the window, according to the Baton Rouge Fire Department.
The fire department says the cause of the fire was faulty water heater.
The home is considered a total loss. Red Cross was on scene to assist the family.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Two EBRP inmates received Father's Day gifts like no others
Three stolen dirt bikes found, three still missing from Denham Springs home
Nightly closures on Highland Road, lane shifts on I-10 start this weekend
New ordinance will make it more expensive to build in Livingston Parish...
Judge clears officers for not arresting deputy after deadly crash
'That's typical LSU;' Tailgating underway ahead of Baton Rouge Super Regional
PREVIEW: Southern breaks down Starkville Regional
LSU softball lands national No. 10 seed
Balancing Football and Track: The story of Kary Vincent Jr.
Sha'Carri Richardson's impressive impact on LSU Track and Field