Two injured in fire at multi-million dollar home
BATON ROUGE - A fire at a multi-million dollar home in the exclusive Country Club of Louisiana injured two people Wednesday.
Firefighters with the St. George Fire Department said the fire was reported around 2:30 p.m. at 18433 N Mission Hills in the southwestern area of the gated community. Flooring work was being done when a flash fire occurred, the department said. A flash fire is a rapid, intense fire - almost like a combustion explosion - caused when items ignite.
It took firefighters about six minutes to control the fire. Two people were burned and taken to the hospital by an ambulance, a St. George Fire Department spokesperson said in a news release. The extent of the injuries was not available as of this post.
The home was sold for $2.5 million in 2015 by Clark Boyce, Jr., to Camile Joseph Landry. The Baton Rouge-area industry publication, Business Report, listed the deal as the 2nd most expensive sale of 2015.
A real estate website lists the home as having five bedrooms and three full bathrooms. The home, built in 1988, is about 6800 square feet.
The fire department did not release information about how much damage the fire caused.
Follow the publisher of this post on Twitter: @treyschmaltz
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Second-annual 225 Festival celebrating capital region culture happening Sunday
Tiger fans storm the court after upset win against No. 17 Kentucky
Ascension Parish student heading to national welding competition
Louisiana Senator Bill Cassidy says he is against sending national guard troops...
In response to deadly car jacking, Louisiana lawmaker proposes bill increasing penalties