Costa Rica raises death toll from Nate to 7
MEXICO CITY - Authorities in Costa Rica have raised that country's death toll blamed on flooding fed by Tropical Storm Nate to seven and say 15 others are missing.
Costa Rica's Judicial Investigation Organism updated the toll from an earlier two on Thursday.
President Luis Guillermo Solis said earlier that more than 5,000 residents were being housed in shelters due to flooding.
Tropical Storm Nate, which formed Thursday off the coast of Nicaragua, is forecast to impact the U.S. Gulf Coast this weekend as a hurricane.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Jury selection process continues in the murder trial of Frank Garcia
Baton Rouge man dismantles part of personal levee, city-parish says it's not...
News 2 Geaux: DSNAP Phase 2 applications open to last names beginning...
News 2 Geaux: Governor Edwards to update state on mask mandate
Man tied to missing toddler's death may face additional charges