Carbon monxide from generator kills Florida couple riding out storm
CAPE CANAVERAL, Fla. - Authorities say an elderly couple appears to have died from carbon monoxide poisoning while running a generator after Hurricane Matthew, raising the U.S. death toll from the storm to 4.
A post on the St. Lucie County Fire District's Facebook page says rescuers responded to couple's home Friday morning after neighbors found them not breathing. They were taken to a nearby hospital, where county spokesman Erick Gill says they later died.
Officials say the couple had been running a generator inside their garage throughout the storm.
Officials didn't immediately naming the couple. Two women in Florida were also killed in separate accidents.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
State superintendent reflects on lessons learned from educating during pandemic
Despite stricter regulations, WBR residents wary of new solar plant
Beloved Baton Rouge anchor Donna Britt passes away Thursday morning
Video shows crash that prompted large police response in downtown
Large police presence in downtown BR after car crashes into sidewalk