Latest Weather Blog
EBR's elementary students to move to hybrid schedule
BATON ROUGE - The East Baton Rouge Parish school system announced it will begin returning some of its students to classrooms later this month, its first time doing so since the onset of the coronavirus outbreak.
The school system announced Tuesday that students ranging from pre-k to fifth grade will be able to take advantage of a hybrid learning model starting Sept. 14.
Those who wish to stay entirely virtual will be able to do so through an online opt-in form. That form must be filled out by Sept. 8.
An update on classes for middle and high school students is planned for Sep. 28.
Full details for the hybrid learning model in September can be found below.
- Students with last names beginning with A-K will attend in person on Monday and Tuesday. This group will learn virtually Wednesday - Friday.
- Students with last names beginning with L-Z will attend in person on Thursday and Friday. This group will learn virtually Monday - Wednesday.
- Students PreK-5th grade in low-incidence, self-contained classes will attend in person four days a week: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday.
- Children of EBRPSS employees in grades PreK - 5 may attend the student’s school of record four days a week: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday.
- School buildings will undergo deep cleaning every Wednesday. All students will learn virtually on Wednesday.
East Baton Rouge is one of the last systems in the are to bring back in-person classes. School officials had delayed the start of the school year and announced the decision to stay all-virtual until after Labor Day amid rising coronavirus numbers earlier in the summer.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
One person injured in reported shooting on O'Neal Lane
One person killed, two others hurt in shooting on Prescott Court
New Baton Rouge casino almost complete, 100 job openings need to be...
Sarasota Drive bridge reopened after nearly a year of construction
Board approves increased 911 fees for EBR; new rates take effect as...
LSU, Tulane to meet in first round of Baton Rouge Regional as...
LSU president reminisces during team trip to DC
Southern baseball sweeps Arkansas-Pine Bluff to finish out regular season
A candid conversation with Kim Mulkey - Watch the half-hour special on...
Channel 2's Best Bet$: NBA Playoffs