Tossed cigarette causes fire at BJ's Brewhouse Thursday afternoon
BATON ROUGE - Firefighters were called after flames were reported at a popular restaurant near the Mall of Louisiana Thursday.
According to the St. George Fire Department, crews were called to BJ's Restaurant & Brewhouse around 3:30 p.m. Thursday. It's unclear how much damage the business sustained in the fire.
Investigators later learned the fire was sparked by a cigarette that was improperly disposed of outside. The fire spread from exterior stucco wall and worked its way inside.
The blaze was brought under control after about 20 minutes. No injuries were reported.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
A federally-backed mass vaccination site opened up at Bon Carre Business Center...
Residents along the Amite River have been dealing with flooded roads since...
Local restaurants struggling to hire employees as business increases
COAST GUARD: Two more unresponsive crew members recovered from capsized lift boat...
Woman's missing unemployment benefits may have gone to wrong bank account
Southern Wins Third Straight Bayou Classic
White squad edges Purple in LSU Spring game
'We have a plan': Coach O quiet on how Title IX scandal...
Southeastern regains sole possession of first place in Southland standings with win...
Max Johnson in the mix for LSU starting quarterback job