TOPS cuts won't hit students at University of New Orleans
BATON ROUGE - The University of New Orleans will cover the full tuition costs for TOPS students in the spring, even though the state cut funding for the program.
Louisiana only is paying about 42 percent of tuition costs for TOPS students in the spring semester. That leaves students and parents to pay the remaining 58 percent.
But NOLA.com reports UNO announced Tuesday it will fill in the gaps left by the state for its 1,000 TOPS students.
University president John Nicklow said he worried if UNO didn't find a way to pay for TOPS, students wouldn't be able to attend the university next semester.
Northwestern State University in Natchitoches has also announced its 1,100 TOPS students won't be required to pay the 58 percent tuition cost.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Residents along the Amite River have been dealing with flooded roads since...
Local restaurants struggling to hire employees as business increases
COAST GUARD: Two more unresponsive crew members recovered from capsized lift boat...
Woman's missing unemployment benefits may have gone to wrong bank account
Second body recovered miles from lift boat as Coast Guard continues search...
Southern Wins Third Straight Bayou Classic
White squad edges Purple in LSU Spring game
'We have a plan': Coach O quiet on how Title IX scandal...
Southeastern regains sole possession of first place in Southland standings with win...
Max Johnson in the mix for LSU starting quarterback job