Puppy revived after kitchen fire at Baton Rouge home
BATON ROUGE - Firefighters came to the rescue of a tiny dog named Sissy Strawberry after she was caught in a house fire Friday afternoon.
According to the St. George Fire Department, the fire happened around 3:30 at a home on Woodlawn Acres Avenue. The fire department says an unattended pot caught fire and caused smoke to spread throughout the home.
No one was hurt, however the resident's young daughter found the puppy struggling to breathe inside. The dog was quickly revived after being brought outside and given water, the fire department said.
The home sustained minor damage in the fire.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Trying to keep cool during another heat advisory weekend
Governor considering mask mandate as hospitals beg for help in latest COVID...
Nearly a year after her son's heat-related death, Denham Springs mom on...
Pest control company explains how to avoid home infestations during summer heat
Nakamoto: Racist behavior under investigation at State Police; internal documents show it...