Baton Rouge: Firefighters contain house fire on Oleander Street
BATON ROUGE - On Thursday morning, the Baton Rouge Fire Department responded to a residential fire on Oleander Street.
No one was at home when the blaze started, but a smoke sensor alerted the home owner.
She rushed home, saw thick smoke and immediately called 911.
Firefighters were able to contain the flames to the kitchen area, but the rest of the house experienced heavy smoke damage.
The cause of the fire has been linked to a faulty dishwasher.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Fugitive shot to death in neighborhood near Baker
Twin Spans in Northshore partially shut down after Thursday crash
Pediatric cardiologist arrested in Baton Rouge child porn investigation
School board members say school system 'dropped the ball' on Day of...
Fourth arrest made after Baton Rouge mail carrier's master key stolen in...
Fans' Choice Player of the Week 4: Central's Glen Cage
Plaquemine's Jayden Rogers leading the Green Devils through music
Southeastern knocks off #4 Incarnate Word on Eli Sawyer game winning touchdown...
McKinley High's homecoming football game canceled after bench-clearing brawl broke out between...
LSU Baseball team volunteers with Baton Rouge's Miracle League