Latest Weather Blog
Holiday Countdown with Holly Clegg for December 3
BATON ROUGE- Louisiana's cookbook queen Holly Clegg is joining 2une In for the entire month of December to share some great holiday recipes, cooking tips and gift ideas.
Check out the video to find out more about this week's holiday recipes and be sure to watch 2une In next week for another Holly Clegg holiday segment.
Crawfish Dip: This deliciously zesty crawfish dip is an amazingly diverse recipe that may be used as a casual dip or served over rice for flavor filled meal. With a light tomato white sauce and a touch of heat, this dynamic dip is the perfect crowd pleaser.
Makes 16 (1/4-cup) servings
2 tablespoons butter
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 cup chopped onion
1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 (10-ounce) can diced tomatoes and green chilies
1 cup skim milk
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
Salt and pepper to taste
1 pound Louisiana crawfish tails, rinsed and drained
1 bunch green onions, chopped
1. In large nonstick skillet, melt butter and olive oil, sauté onion until tender, 5 minutes. Add garlic and flour into mixture, stirring 1 minute. Gradually add tomatoes and green chilies and milk, mixing well.
2. Bring mixture to boil. Lower heat, stirring 5 minutes or until mixture thickens. Add Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper to taste.
3. Add crawfish and green onions, stirring until heated.
Nutritional information per serving: Calories 69, Calories from fat (%) 34, Fat (g) 3, Saturated Fat (g) 1, Cholesterol (mg) 43, Sodium (mg) 122, Carbohydrate (g) 5, Dietary Fiber (g) 1, Sugars (g) 2, Protein (g) 6, Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 carbohydrate, 1 lean meat
White Chocolate Cheescake: White chocolate and cheesecake are outrageously delicious when combined in one dazzling dessert. You will be begging for a second piece. Serve with raspberries.
Makes 16 servings
1 cup graham cracker crumbs
1/2 cup old-fashioned oatmeal
2 tablespoons plus 2/3 cup sugar
1 teaspoon almond extract
2 tablespoons butter, melted
2 (8-ounce) packages reduced-fat cream cheese
2 eggs 2 egg whites 1/4 cup all-purpose flour 3 ounces white chocolate, melted
1 cup nonfat sour cream 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 325°F.
2. In bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs, oatmeal, 2 tablespoons sugar, almond extract, and butter. Press onto bottom and sides of spring-form pan.
3. In mixing bowl, beat together cream cheese and 2/3 cup sugar until light. Add eggs and egg whites, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add flour and white chocolate, mixing well. Add sour cream and vanilla, mix well.
4. Pour into prepared crust, bake 55 minutes. Remove from oven, cool to room temperature, refrigerate until well chilled. Remove from pan, serve.
Nutritional Information per serving: Calories 217, Calories from fat 44%, Fat 11 g, Saturated Fat 6 g, Cholesterol 55 mg, Sodium 197 mg, Carbohydrate 23 g, Dietary Fiber 0 g, Sugars 16 g, Protein 7 g, Diabetic exchanges: 1 1/2 carbohydrate, 1 lean meat, 2 fat
If you plan to purchase any of Holly Clegg's cookbooks use the shopping code WBRZ25 for 25% off.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Remains of BRPD helicopter crash victims arrive at police headquarters
Man in coma after possible hit-and-run crash; police unresponsive about search for...
Officials not expecting to install Basin Bridge speed cameras until 2024
BRPD looking into their protocols following deadly helicopter crash
After threatening to sue homeowner for ignoring letter, parish now admits it...
LSU fans send off the women's basketball team to the Final Four
Lady Tigers celebrate as they punch their ticket to the Final Four
LSU women's basketball, prepping for Elite 8, has a unique fan watching...
Channel 2's Best Bet$: Sweet 16
LSU women's basketball looking to fight Michigan's height with speed