Spacey accuser could be forced to testify on missing phone
NANTUCKET, Mass. (AP) - The man who accused Kevin Spacey of groping him at a bar could be forced to testify about what happened to a cellphone wanted by the defense.
A Massachusetts judge has ordered the accuser, his parents and his lawyer to appear in court Monday if the phone cannot be found by then. The accuser's lawyer said last month that the phone was missing and they were trying to find backup copies of its contents.
Spacey's lawyers say they need the phone to try to recover texts they claim were deleted and would help Spacey's defense. Spacey is accused of groping the then 18-year-old man in Nantucket in 2016.
Spacey has pleaded not guilty to a charge of indecent assault and battery. The accuser dropped a civil lawsuit against Spacey last week.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Louisiana sends aid to Florida after Hurricane Ian disaster
After questionable decisions from judges, expert says holding them accountable could take...
Fugitive shot to death after search led federal marshals to EBR neighborhood
Fugitive shot to death in neighborhood near Baker
Twin Spans in Northshore partially shut down after Thursday crash
Fans' Choice Player of the Week 4: Central's Glen Cage
Plaquemine's Jayden Rogers leading the Green Devils through music
Southeastern knocks off #4 Incarnate Word on Eli Sawyer game winning touchdown...
McKinley High's homecoming football game canceled after bench-clearing brawl broke out between...
LSU Baseball team volunteers with Baton Rouge's Miracle League