Space heater near bed causes duplex fire
BATON ROUGE - The Baton Rouge Fire Department is investigating a duplex fire on Fairfields Drive.
BRFD officials confirmed they were on the scene of the fire in the 2700 block of Fairfields Drive near North 26th Street. It started after 9:30 p.m. and was extinguished shortly after, according to officials.
Firefighters arrived to find a rear room in the duplex on fire, officials said. It was extinguished before it could spread.
Officials said the fire was caused by a space heater too close to a bed.
The fire caused an estimated $25,000 in damage. The Red Cross was notified to assist the residents.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Tiger fans storm the court after upset win against No. 17 Kentucky
Ascension Parish student heading to national welding competition
Louisiana Senator Bill Cassidy says he is against sending national guard troops...
In response to deadly car jacking, Louisiana lawmaker proposes bill increasing penalties
Crews on Amite River clearing decades of debris