Neighbors react to death inside apartment complex
BATON ROUGE - Neighbors who live in the Brandywine Apartment complex said they were saddened to learn someone had died inside one of the units in their complex.
The Baton Rouge Fire Department and several different other agencies were on the scene around 2 a.m. Thursday to discover the body of 38-year-old Joshua Ravencraft.
"We don't like to see that happen, but it can. And we try to do everything we can to keep that from happening," said Dave Clark, who has lived in the complex for 15 years.
Fire investigators originally responded to put out a fire at a vacant unit. It wasn't long before Ravencraft's body was found inside. According to the East Baton Rouge Parish Coroner's Office, Ravencraft died of carbon monoxide poisoning.
However, BRFD investigators say it has yet to be determined whether or not the fire was intentionally started.
Neighbors said Ravencraft did not stay at the apartments, but BRFD is trying to determine where he's from and why he was there. Expect updates on News 2 as the investigation continues.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Community supports memorial blood drive held in honor of Denham Springs High...
Mayor Broome plans to use $2.5 Million of CARES Act money to...
La. adopting federal guidelines easing restrictions on nursing home visits
Louisiana teacher uses Joe Burrow and some presidential figures to practice social...
Doctor warns heat stroke can strike anyone at any time, despite age
Coach O speaks with media, says 'most' of team has had coronavirus
LSU's Neil Farrell opting back in for 2020 season
LHSAA moves up start of high school football, teams cleared to start...
LSU AD Scott Woodwards talks Game Day for Tiger Stadium
Former LSU Tiger Tre White emotional over new NFL deal