Firefighter treated at scene of blaze Monday
ZACHARY - A firefighter was treated for becoming overheated at the scene of a large house fire Monday.
The blaze was at a construction site where a home was being built. The fire started after 3 p.m.
The two-alarm fire began in the attic of a home on Rue Lierre Street, a new development off Rollins Road. Due to the size of the home and the heat, Central Fire assisted with staffing at fire stations in Zachary so more Zachary crews could work the blaze.
More specific information has not been released. Check back for updates.
Follow the publisher of this post on Twitter: @treyschmaltz
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Livingston Parish residents face flooding yet again, thanks to Tropical Storm Beta
Iberville Parish Bars reopen in time for game day
Flooding in Lake Maurepas forcing wildlife out into neighborhoods
Metro Council defers annexation of Willow Ridge homes from St. George into...
Waterway improvements to start early 2021
LSU changing the recruiting game with prospect led visits
LSU football returns Saturday with no tailgating, 25% capacity in Death Valley
What you need to know before you geaux to Tiger Stadium
Coach O Weekly Press Conference - Game 1 vs. MSU
Coach O speaks with media, says 'most' of team has had coronavirus