Fire officials: Air fryer explodes after stove top mistakenly gets turned on
EAST BATON ROUGE - Crews were called to a kitchen fire Thursday after an air fryer went up in flames.
The Central Fire Department says the blaze was under control by the time they arrived to the duplex located on N. Sherwood Forest Boulevard.
Apparently, the air fryer was being used while sitting on top of the stove. After the stove top was turned on by mistake, the fryer went up in flames. The fire department says the resident was able to contain the fire with an extinguisher after smoke alarms went off.
Luckily, no one was injured.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
WATCH: Refugee family reunites after nearly two years apart
Dry conditions to blame for out of control red dust in Gonzales...
Funding secured for project that will re-vamp Perkins Road overpass area
Embattled Civil Service Board chair says he won't step down despite felony...
Community leaders hope Florida Corridor project will unite north and south Baton...