Fire destroys sober living facility in neighborhood off Sharp Road
BATON ROUGE - A house being used as a sober living facility in a Baton Rouge neighborhood was destroyed after a couch caught fire on the home's back patio.
The Baton Rouge Fire Department said the house, located on Browning Drive near Sharp Road, was totally destroyed in the blaze Sunday afternoon. Firefighters arrived to find flames venting through the roof of the building.
Fire investigators said it appeared the fire was sparked by smoking materials that had not been properly disposed of.
No one was hurt, but the department said residents displaced by the fire were being moved to other facilities.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Victim's family frustrated by three-year delay in latest sex crime accusation involving...
Dirt pile cleared from cemetery, headstones found after 2 On Your Side...
'Mass chaos': Witness describes panic after gunfire erupted at high school graduation
Amid flood of criticism, Louisiana State Police launches new unit to investigate...
Police: 3 bystanders shot, another victim trampled after gunfire erupted at Hammond...
Southern baseball wins game one 21-2 over Alcorn
VIDEO: Former Saints and Tiger Devery Henderson talks about the difference between...
New NCAA rules tweak opens door for more SEC dominance
VIDEO: Devery Henderson Talk about Bluegrass Miracle and the Saints "Rebirth game"
VIDEO: Former Tigers and Saints receiver Devery Henderson talks with Corey Rholdon...