60°
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
7 Day Forecast
Follow our weather team on social media

Family of 5 killed by generator fumes after Hurricane Laura

2 months 3 weeks 4 days ago Friday, August 28 2020 Aug 28, 2020 August 28, 2020 1:33 PM August 28, 2020 in News
Source: WBRZ

LAKE CHARLES - A family in southwest Louisiana died of carbon monoxide poisoning caused by a generator in the wake of Hurricane Laura.

Lake Charles Fire Chief Shawn Caldwell announced the deaths of the five family members during a news conference Friday. Officials said the generator was inside a garage attached to their house, and fumes entered the home through a partially opened door.

Six other deaths were reported across the state Thursday in the wake of the storm, including another individual who died from carbon monoxide poisoning.

More News

Desktop News

Click to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Radar
7 Days