DOTD establishes temporary bus service to Baton Rouge
BATON ROUGE – Residents who lost their car after this week’s historic flooding will have a new option to travel to Baton Rouge.
In a statement Saturday, DOTD Secretary Shawn D. Wilson said his department has reached a deal with Hotard to establish a temporary regional transit service.
Wilson said he made the decision to establish the service to help residents who lost their vehicles due to high flooding.
“DOTD is compelled to expand the scope of our public service in communities across the area by establishing this regional transit service,” Wilson said. “We are committed to helping our impacted neighbors get back to a regular routine by offering this important service to and from Baton Rouge.”
The transitional bus service will run from Downtown Baton Rouge to Gonzales, Walker, Denham Springs, Central and Geismar.
DOTD reports that the initial contract through Hotard will run for one week but can be extended if necessary.
ALL ROUTES: MONDAY THROUGH FRIDAY
Morning pick up
- Gonzales: Tanger Outlet Mall (I-10 at LA 30), Tanger Boulevard, Gonzales, 70737. Leave 6:00 a.m.
- Walker: Winn Dixie 28145 Walker South Road, Walker, 70785. Leave 6:00 a.m.
- Denham Springs: Walgreens, (corner of Range and Florida) 101 Florida Avenue SE, Denham Springs, 70726.Leave at 6:30 a.m.
- Central: Central City Hall, 13421 Hooper Road, Central, 70818. Leave at 6:30 a.m.
- Geismar: Dutchtown Crossing, 13375 LA 73, Geismar, 70734. Leave at 6:30 a.m.
All buses are scheduled to arrive downtown at 7:15 a.m. and the CATS terminal at 7:30 a.m.
Morning drop off
- Downtown Baton Rouge: (1) corner of Main Street and 4th Street and (2) corner of 4th Street and Florida Street
- CATS Transfer Terminal: – corner of Florida Street with 22nd Street
Afternoon pick up
- CATS Terminal: Leave at 5:15 p.m.
- Downtown: Leave at 5:30 p.m.
Afternoon drop off
Back to points of origin
For more information about the bus service, contact Hotard representatives at 504-94-5725.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
LSU QB Myles Brennan suffered 'severe' injury to his left arm; unclear...
Angelo Izzard leading Southern Lab by example
Full interview with Brent Zwerneman of the Houston Chronicle on Texas &...
Sports2-a-Days Preview: Dutchtown Griffins
Southeastern unveils three new logos in latest rebranding effort