WBRZ-TV does not discriminate in its employment and personnel practices because of a person's race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Discriminatory employment practices are specifically prohibited by the Federal Communications Commission.
WBRZ is committed to a broad applicant recruiting outreach program. In our continuing efforts to represent our diverse community, we encourage qualified community organizations to be included in our job opportunity notification list. Informing you and your organization of our employment opportunities is an affirmative action on our part to actively seek qualified minorities and women for our staff vacancies. If your organization is interested in being notified about our job vacancies, we would like to hear from you. Through your assistance to refer individuals to us, we want to insure that our employment opportunities are made known to members of minority groups and to women.
WBRZ-TV is a drug-free and smoke-free work place.
How to apply
If you would like to apply for a vacancy listed below, please refer to the contact information listed in each posting. Or mail resume and/or non-returnable DVD to Human Resources, WBRZ-TV, PO Box 2906, Baton Rouge, LA 70821; or fax to 225-336-2213, or e-mail to email@example.com. All resumes are forwarded to the hiring manager for review and scheduling of interviews.
WBRZ-TV is looking for a Multimedia Journalist who thrives on hard news. Will deliver content on several platforms including broadcast, Web and in-studio. At least two years’ experience preferred with knowledge of developing solid stories, shooting, editing and live presentations. Must have strong writing skills with ability to meet deadlines. Please provide a link or DVD of your recent work. Email resume to Chuck Bark, Director of News, to firstname.lastname@example.org; or Laura Sisemore, Director of HR, to email@example.com. Or mail resume to WBRZ-TV, PO Box 2906, Baton Rouge, LA 70821. Drug-free and smoke-free facility. EOE.
Digital Associate News Producer
WBRZ and WBRZ.com, Baton Rouge’s ABC affiliate and associated website, is seeking a Digital Associate News Producer. This full-time position assists producers in creating award-winning newscasts and updates WBRZ.com each weeknight. Will write news stories for on-air/web and learn formatting of newscasts. Preferred candidate is one looking to get their foot in the door of a serious news organization. Willing to train the right person with a competitive, hungry, can-do attitude. Email resume and brief cover letter to Trey Schmaltz, Executive Producer, at firstname.lastname@example.org; or Laura Sisemore, Dir of HR, at email@example.com. No phone calls please. Smoke-free and drug-free work environment. EOE
Director of Human Resources
WBRZ-TV, a locally owned ABC affiliate, is seeking a Director of Human Resources. The Dir of HR is responsible for directing and managing employee relations, administering company policies, as well as employment programs and initiatives. Responsibilities include:
- Responsible for recruitment, including applicant screening/interviewing, referencing, maintaining applicant tracking procedures and systems, recruitment reconciliation and records retention; facilitate the drug screening process for candidates and active employees.
- Coordinate and facilitate the Internship Program and the Apprenticeship Program. Responsible for integrity and maintenance of personnel files.
- Conduct New Hire Orientation, including review of company policies, benefits orientation, and ensuring completion of required employment documents.
- Administer company group benefits, including health/dental/life/LTD/401k.
- Manage leaves of absence, especially FMLA, LTD, and Worker’s Compensation, and prepare related documentation.
- Prepare required HR annual reports, including OSHA logs, EEO-1 Report, Occupational Injury/Illness Report, EEO Public File Report, and FCC EEO License Report.
- Prepare and reconcile monthly billing reports for company benefits; other monthly reports as requested by General Manager.
- Facilitate and oversee performance evaluations; manage payroll changes as outlined in employee contracts.
- Provide counseling and coaching to address employee issues and situations.
- Conduct routine investigations to ascertain facts and formulate recommendations in resolving employee complaints.
- Act as resource for Department Heads and managers and assist as needed in addressing day to day employee matters.
- Other duties as assigned by Executive Management.
Qualified candidates must be adept at state/federal labor laws, including any upcoming changes. Prefer 3 to 5 years’ managerial experience in human resources, and must have excellent people, communication, and organizational skills. Please include salary requirements when submitting resume. Email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org; or mail to HR Director, PO Box 2906, Baton Rouge, LA 70821. No phone calls please. Smoke-free and drug-free work environment. EOE.
WBRZ has an opening for a Newscast Director/Audio. Will switch live fast-paced newscasts and other special programming. Must also know or learn audio board operation for newscasts/specials. Preferred candidate has two years’ experience and knowledge of digital switcher, still store, Chyron Duet and ENP. Must understand deadlines and work well with other production staff. Must be available for weekends and various weekday shifts as scheduled. Send resume and/or non-returnable DVD or link to Laura Sisemore, Director of HR or Chuck Bark, Director of News, WBRZ-TV, P.O. Box 2906, Baton Rouge, LA 70821. Resumes can also be emailed to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. Drug-free and smoke-free environment. EOE
TV Operations (PT)
WBRZ-TV is always looking for candidates for part-time Television Operations. Duties include editing video, operating teleprompter, audio, and studio camera during live newscasts. Flexible work schedule a must, including weekends and holidays, and must be dependable. Non-linear experience preferred; must be able to work in fast-paced newsroom. Willing to train the right person. Please note: this is a recurring post, although there may not be an actual part-time position currently available. Interviews will be conducted for TV Operations as a vacancy occurs. Email resume to Lon Tegels, Assistant News Director at email@example.com; or Laura Sisemore, Director of HR at firstname.lastname@example.org. Or mail resume to WBRZ-TV, PO Box 2906, Baton Rouge, LA 70821. Drug-free and smoke-free facility. EOE
WBRZ offers internships each semester in the following departments: news, marketing, information systems, production, graphics, sales, sports, and weather. Interns will experience firsthand the daily operations of the department and will perform various duties as assigned. Student must be enrolled in a station approved college/university and be approved by college dean/advisor/chair to take an internship course for curriculum credit and grade. Internships are available for most fall, spring, and summer semesters, and interviews begin approximately two months prior to the semester. Please submit resume and letter of introduction to email@example.com, Director of HR.