Second Amendment Sales Tax Holiday kicks off today
BATON ROUGE - This year's Louisiana Second Amendment Weekend Sales Tax Holiday is set to take place from Friday, Sept. 4 through Sunday, Sept. 6.
During the weekend, guns, ammunition and other hunting supplies will be exempt from state and local sales taxes. This sales tax holiday applies to individual consumer purchases of a wide range of hunting gear with eligible hunting supplies including:
- Firearms that may be legally sold or purchased in Louisiana
- Ammunition intended to be fired from a gun or firearm
- Archery supplies to be used for hunting
- Apparel such as safety gear, camouflage clothing, jackets, hats, gloves, mittens, face masks and thermal underwear manufactured and marketed as being primarily for wear or use while hunting
- Off-road vehicles such as all-terrain vehicles designed and intended primarily for hunting; the exemption does not apply to golf carts, go-carts, dirt bikes, mini-bikes, motorcycles, tractors, motor vehicles which may be legally driven on the streets and highways of Louisiana, or heavy equipment such as cranes, forklifts, backhoes and bulldozers
The Louisiana Second Amendment Weekend Sales Tax Holiday is an annual event that takes place the first consecutive Friday through Sunday every September. For more information, including the full list of eligible purchases, visit www.revenue.louisiana.gov/secondamendment.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Amazon posts job listings for new Baton Rouge warehouse
State Capitol's front doors will reopen after three years - but it...
'Cajuneers' using military trucks to collect donations for Florence victims
PSC places scrutiny on electric cooperatives across the state
Detention pond gobbling up land in Gonzales neighborhood