Pest control company mix-up solved by 2 On Your Side
BATON ROUGE - One person who flooded in August says she found termites in her gutted home. Veronica Berteaux says she pays for an annual termite contract and was surprised she got the run-around when she tried to deal with the pests.
When she couldn't get answers, she called 2 On Your Side.
For the last three years, Berteaux has dished out about $350 a year for yearly inspection and treatment by pest control company Terminix. She scheduled an appointment for Sept. 2. and showed a technician how the wood around her kitchen window is eaten away. She says the response she got was surprising.
"He said there's nothing I can do."
Berteaux scheduled another appointment for Sept. 9 but Berteaux wasn't home when they stopped by. She rescheduled for Sept. 28.
"He said the same thing, 'Well, I don't see anything but I'll have to refer it to my supervisor for further treatment,'" she tells News Two.
Berteaux says she waited for someone to call but they never did. She called Terminix explaining that the problem was still there and made another appointment for Oct. 13. Terminix called prior to their arrival and explained to Berteaux they were on their way to look at the issue.
"I said, 'I don't need you to look at it, you all have all looked at it. I need you to come and treat it,'" said Berteaux.
Instead, the technician attempted to sell Berteaux more product, to which she declined.
She called 2 On Your Side to get some more answers.
A supervisor with Terminix visited Berteaux's Baton Rouge home Thursday and apologized for the mix-up and says the customer service issues will be addressed. Terminix says it will schedule her treatment and fix the damage to her home.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Homeowners one big step closer to possible Silverleaf federal buyout program
Grease fire on Gardere
Popular furniture store closing after 66 years of business in Baton Rouge
Deputies investigating after two found dead in Prairieville apartment
Good Samaritan helped put out car fire after deadly crash with school...