Houston man sues Justin Bieber, says star smashed his phone
HOUSTON - A Houston man is seeking $75,000 in damages from Justin Bieber, alleging that the Canadian pop singer destroyed his cellphone as he videotaped Bieber unsuccessfully gulping from a beer bong at a club following a concert last month.
Robert Earl Morgan said in a lawsuit filed Tuesday in Harris County that Bieber, who played a show in Houston on April 9, scolded him, grabbed the phone and smashed it into pieces. Morgan, a sales director for an unidentified company, says he lost photos and important information.
According to the suit, Bieber was "clearly a novice" using the funnel-like bong and spilled beer all over himself.
Bieber's manager, Scott "Scooter" Braun, did not immediately respond to an email message Wednesday from The Associated Press.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Thief returns special needs girl's stolen tricycle
Road closure this weekend ahead of century-old farmhouse move
Small plane makes emergency landing in Scotlandville Friday; no injuries reported
Southern University police bust a move while filming 'Lipsync Challenge' video
Still no leads in parish-wide cat killings