Gas leak in Batchelor sends 7 people to hospital
BATCHELOR - Sheriff's deputies in Pointe Coupee Parish say at least seven people in Batchelor were sent to area hospitals after a parish worker broke a gas line while cutting grass.
Officials said the leak happened in a residential area on Johnson St. at around 1:45 p.m. The gas was shut off by 2:20 p.m.
According to deputies, only about 50 people live in the affected area.
Five of the injured people were sent to Pointe Coupee General Hospital. Another was sent to Lane Memorial and the seventh was taken by Air Med to Women's Hospital in Baton Rouge.
Types of injuries and condition of the individuals is not known at this time.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Station lifeblood, WBRZ chief engineer Clyde Pierce, has died
MovEBR project priority list still being finalized
Homeless man reunites with missing dog in heartwarming video
Friends create GoFundMe for Zachary man that drowned while attempting elaborate marriage...
African American museum back open to honor BR icon's legacy
Southern Center Jaylon Brinson excited to play in front of home town
Fans' Choice Award Winner 2019: Week 1- Isaiah Jones
Coach O Postgame after Lsu defeats Texas 45-38
Hunter Register leads Southern's offense despite loss to McNeese
Taylor Bannister's journey to becoming a LSU Volleyball Superstar