Chef of the Month: Ruffino's Sous Vide Turkey
BATON ROUGE- Thanksgiving is right around the corner and Chef Jeremy Langlois from Ruffino's was back in the 2une In kitchen on Wednesday, whipping up the perfect dish for holidays. Sous Vide Turkey puts a unique spin on the regular turkey dish. Check out the recipe below and don't forget to watch 2une In next Wednesday to see what Chef Jeremy's preparing.
Sous Vide Turkey
14 pound turkey
1 1/2 gallon water
1 1/2 cups salt
1 cup light brown sugar
1 head of garlic, skin removed and cloves smashed
2 tablespoon fresh thyme
sea salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
2 sticks of butter cut into parts
2 tablespoon olive oil
1. Remove the giblets from the skin where the neck was and remove the neck from the cavity of the turkey.
2. Rinse the turkey with cold water and pat dry.
3. Cut the wish bone out from the top of the breast.
4. Remove the wings and set aside. Remove the leg and thigh quarter from the carcass and set aside. Cut the breast away by cutting down each side of the breast bone and set aside.
5. Whisk the water, salt and sugar together until dissolved.
6. Place the turkey pieces in the brine and refrigerate overnight.
7. Remove the turkey from the brine and pat dry.
8. Season the turkey on all sides with salt and pepper.
9. Place each piece of turkey in its own vacuum bag and add garlic, thyme and butter to the bag.
10. Vacuum on the highest setting.
11. Preheat your water to 160 degrees F.
12. Place the bags in the water bath and cook the breast and wings for 2 hours, the leg and thigh portions for 6 hours.
13. Place a non-stick skillet over medium high heat.
14. Add the olive oil and sear the turkey, skin side down, until the skin is brown and crispy. Turn the turkey to brown on all sides.
15. Keep warm until ready to slice.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Capital area prepares for St. Patrick's Day Parade
Student, worker arrested after fist fight between at local high school
Police: Man shot by deputy was having 'psychotic break', linked to nearby...
Video shows fist fight between student, worker at local high school
Visitation for fallen officer Chris Lawton