O.J. Simpson banned from Las Vegas hotel-casino
LAS VEGAS - O.J. Simpson's attorney says the former football star has been banned from The Cosmopolitan hotel-casino in Las Vegas.
Attorney Malcolm LaVergne on Thursday told The Associated Press that Simpson received a trespass notice from the hotel Wednesday. He denied that Simpson was intoxicated or belligerent while at the Las Vegas Strip property.
LaVergne says Simpson was not given a reason for the ban. He says Simpson contacted his parole officer Thursday and underwent drug and alcohol tests, which were negative.
The hotel in a statement says it does not comment on its guests.
Simpson was paroled from a Nevada prison last month after serving nine years for armed robbery and assault with a weapon in an ill-fated bid to retrieve memorabilia.
He is living in a Las Vegas gated community.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Capital area prepares for St. Patrick's Day Parade
Student, worker arrested after fist fight between at local high school
Police: Man shot by deputy was having 'psychotic break', linked to nearby...
Video shows fist fight between student, worker at local high school
Visitation for fallen officer Chris Lawton