Newly-renovated Burger King catches fire hours after grand reopening
CENTRAL - Officials say a restaurant damaged during the freeze this past winter is closed once again, just a few hours after it reopened.
The Central Fire Department says it responded to a fire at the Burger King on Greenwell Springs Road near Sullivan Road around 3:20 Tuesday afternoon. Crews were able to get the fire under control within the hour and no injuries were reported.
The city of Central confirms the restaurant had recently been renovated due to damage sustained during a freeze several months ago. The location had a ribbon-cutting ceremony to commemorate its reopening Tuesday, just a few hours before the fire was reported.
There's currently no word on when the restaurant will open again.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
WATCH: Internet goes wild for singing donkey
Condemned property demolition put on hold by property owner
Fans propose 'whiteout' for LSU, Alabama game amid controversial Devin White suspension
Livingston Parish man calls 911, admits to killing father
No more changes to St. George petition after Monday night