Accidental fire damages house on North 20th
BATON ROUGE - Fire crews responded to an early morning house fire that was believed to be accidental on Wednesday.
It happened in the 2300 block of North 20th street before 4 a.m. The owner said his dog knocked over a candle in the living room, which ignited the fire. When firefighters arrived to the scene four minutes after the call, the living room and kitchen were covered in flames.
The Baton Rouge Fire Department got the situation quickly under control at 4:15 a.m. No one was injured.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Matherne's Market, more student housing coming to LSU's campus
EBR Parish joins legal fight against opioids
Century-old Baton Rouge business featured in National Geographic Magazine
Livingston Parish teacher placed on administrative leave after arrest in underage sex...
Woman accused of contractor fraud was paid over $100k for flood renovations