Power line sparks house fire
DENHAM SPRINGS – A freak accident left a family cleaning up and worrying about their next chapter instead of celebrating the 4th of July this week.
Days earlier, a tree took down a utility pole and when the power line fell into a house, it sparked a large fire. The fire on Tate Road Monday evening, burned the home shared by Linda Morgan and Donna Alello, a mother and daughter.
The family was just settling into the home after it flooded during the August 2016 catastrophe.
“We were not even quite finished remodeling from the flood and now we have the fire to deal with,” Donna said.
The fire coming as a shock - they pair heard a 'boom,' smelled smoke and found a large fire.
“And it was a noise probably like a gunshot; Times ten,” Donna said.
They've lived in the home since the 70's.
The flames melted the vinyl from around the house and burned through a back part of the home, too. What didn't burn was soaked by water.
“We're just celebrating being alive, and having people around us that are going to...I have people in line waiting to help us and having my family cause a lot of people don't have that,” Donna said.
The family set up a crowdfunding campaign HERE.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Anticipation grows as residents prepare for Spanish Town Parade
Krewe of Southdowns returns to the Roaring 20s
Sheriff's office investigating incident between students inside school restroom
Louisiana NAACP demands immediate resignation of judge over racist messages following WBRZ...
Friday's Health Report