Mother, daughter killed after kitchen goes up in flames Saturday morning
BAKER - A mother and her daughter were killed when their apartment kitchen went up in flames around 6:30 Saturday morning.
The fire was reported at a location in the 5000 block of Baker Blvd. just east of Mchugh Road.
After the fire was extinguished firefighters found a 34-year-old woman deceased in the apartment's dining room, while her 8-year-old daughter was found deceased in the living room.
Authorities identify the victims to be Dominique Holden and her daughter Iyonna Holden both died of carbon monoxide poisoning.
According to the Brownsfield Fire Department, the husband of the victim came home after a late night work shift and called 911 when he noticed the fire.
The State Fire Marshal's Office confirmed the fire investigation and said the fire was confined to the single unit where the blaze erupted. There were no smoke alarms located in the apartment.
The cause of the fire as been ruled as accidental.
Follow the publisher of this post on Twitter: @treyschmaltz
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Thieves steal thousands of dollars worth of tools off church property for...
DEMCO helps Florida get the lights back on after hurricane
K9 recovering after suspect shot at deputies in Tangipahoa Parish
High-ranking Ascension Parish deputy ticketed for DWI, suspended
Woman arrested in capital area after murder in St. John Parish
Fans' Choice Player of the Week 4: Central's Glen Cage
Plaquemine's Jayden Rogers leading the Green Devils through music
Southeastern knocks off #4 Incarnate Word on Eli Sawyer game winning touchdown...
McKinley High's homecoming football game canceled after bench-clearing brawl broke out between...
LSU Baseball team volunteers with Baton Rouge's Miracle League