Lightning sparks house fire on Glenfield Drive
BATON ROUGE - St. George firefighters have determined lightning caused a fire in the attic of a home on Glenfield Drive Saturday.
Officials arrived at the home in the 8600 block of Glenfield Drive around 6:30 p.m. They arrived to heavy smoke coming from the roof over the garage, according to a St. George Fire Department spokesperson.
Crews made entry into the house and garage and contained fire damage to the attic area over the garage. The area near the garage received smoke and water damage.
Crews declared the fire under control in about 25 minutes, according to investigators.
The occupants were not home at the time of the fire. The residents' dog was removed from the house and uninjured.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
CANDIDATES VYING FOR ASCENSION PARISH PRESIDENT PARTICIPATE IN FORUM
Family jewelry among items stolen in brazen burglary in Central neighborhood
Family claims man killed by deputy was unarmed
Local 8th-grader appears on Good Morning America, surprised with huge donation
Highway 42 widening projecting inching closer to completion
Southern Center Jaylon Brinson excited to play in front of home town
Fans' Choice Award Winner 2019: Week 1- Isaiah Jones
Coach O Postgame after Lsu defeats Texas 45-38
Hunter Register leads Southern's offense despite loss to McNeese
Taylor Bannister's journey to becoming a LSU Volleyball Superstar