House fire on Howard Street leaves one person injured
BATON ROUGE - Early Monday morning, first responders with the Baton Rouge Fire Department battled a house fire on Howard Street that left one person with injuries.
When firefighters pulled up to the Howard Street home, which is between Napoleon Street and Highland Road, they found flames in its kitchen and were able to contain the fire to this area. It took them just over twenty minutes to thoroughly extinguish the blaze.
While some members of the crew were putting out the fire, others received word that one of the home's occupants was still inside. So, they rushed into the interior of the home and helped the resident escape. The occupant was taken to an area hospital for treatment.
Officials say the blaze was most likely caused by an unattended stove and resulted in about $25,000 worth of damages to the home.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Ascension Parish officials taking 'aggressive' approach to Cristobal storm preps
DOTD to work around historic properties as I-10 widening project begins
EXPLICIT: Man livestreamed attack at Hammond Target
Community leaders gather at old state capitol to condemn police brutality
Livingston Parish residents, leaders prepare for possible flooding with tropical storm Cristobal