Firefighters rescue dog from fire at Ave. C near Mills
BATON ROUGE - The Baton Rouge Fire Department responded to a house fire around 12:30 p.m. Wednesday at Avenue C near Mills.
According to BRFD, a pot had been left on the stove.
No one was home at the time of the incident except the dog. Paramedics were seen in an ambulance giving first aid to the dog rescued from the fire.
WBRZ has learned that the dog "Dorothy" is fine.
The house received significant smoke damange. Red Cross was called out to assist the family.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
After worldwide search, Danish popstar finally meets her father in Baton Rouge
Tiger Girls win Hip Hop Nat'l Championship, promotes female empowerment
Explosion reported at chemical plant near Lake Charles
As Payton steps aside, winningest Saints coach reflects on 2006, post-Katrina season
Truck drivers younger than 21 required to complete apprenticeship program before taking...