Dogs rescued after explosion ignites house fire in Central
CENTRAL - Officials say two pets survived a raging house fire in a suburban neighborhood Tuesday.
The fire was reported after 10 a.m. on Virgil Jackson Avenue. The Central Fire Department says no one was home at the time, and no injuries were reported.
Two dogs were inside the home at the time, but both of them survived.
A neighbor was able to grab one of the pets before firefighters arrived. The second had to be rescued by firefighters and treated with an oxygen mask.
Investigators say some type of explosion in the garage started the blaze, and it spread to the rest of the house.
The fire remains under investigation.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Trying to keep cool during another heat advisory weekend
Governor considering mask mandate as hospitals beg for help in latest COVID...
Nearly a year after her son's heat-related death, Denham Springs mom on...
Pest control company explains how to avoid home infestations during summer heat
Nakamoto: Racist behavior under investigation at State Police; internal documents show it...