Crews responding to morning fire on Evangeline St.
BATON ROUGE - Firefighters officials say a space heater is to blame for a morning fire in Baton Rouge.
Crews responded to a house fire in the 5600 block of Evaneline Street. At the scene, firefighters found a bedroom in the home on fire.
The blaze was quickly extinguished before it could spread to the rest of the home. Authorities say a space heater left unattended near "combustibles."
No one was home at the time of the fire.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
People gather for Cinco de Mayo as more become vaccinated, mask mandate...
Advocates say 'most critical work' lies ahead after four children left motherless...
Identical twins at local high school earn $24 million in scholarship offers
Deputy released from hospital months after falling seriously ill with COVID
Former White Castle mayor pleads no contest to felony charge from his...
LSU pitcher Matt Beck gets his moment at the plate
Brusly baseball needs extra innings to win regional series with Jennings.
Southern Athletic Director Roman Banks talks about coaching search
Drew Brees and Sean Payton enjoy the Zurich Classic
Legendary Parkview coach Kenny Guillot passes away at 76