Chef of the Month: SHUCKS! Crab Cakes
BATON ROUGE - SHUCKS! is back on 2une In with a delicious crab cake recipe this morning. Chef Joey Faciane showed the 2une In crew how to make crab cakes.
SHUCKS! Crab cakes
2# Lump (White) crabmeat
1# Claw (Brown) crabmeat
1 cup diced yellow onion
1/2 cup diced green bell pepper
1 teaspoon chopped garlic
1 Tablespoon SHUCKS! Seasoning
1/4 cup Flour
1/4 cup fine breadcrumbs
1) Pick lump and claw meat several times to ensure there are no shells remaining in the meat.
2) In a medium heat skillet add 1 tablespoon of olive oil allowing to get hot.
3) To the oil add bell peppers, onion, garlic and SHUCKS! Seasoning, cooking until the vegetable are soft and translucent.
4) Remove from heat and allow to cool. Add cooled vegetable mixture to crabmeat, carefully folding so that crab meat does not break apart.
5) Add eggs, flour, and breadcrumbs while continuing to fold crab meat.
6) Form into 4oz patties and allow to chill in refrigerator 2 hours or overnight for best results.
2une In next Wednesday for the last SHUCKS! segment. They'll be cooking up some oysters as their finale!
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
25-year-old man killed in West BR crash Tuesday night
Southern University's 'Give Day' celebrated Wednesday, Sept. 30
Crash involving two 18-wheelers, dump truck ties up traffic on MSR Bridge
Baton Rouge General offers post-recovery support services for COVID survivors
Baton Rouge General's 'Coping After COVID' offers emotional support to COVID survivors
Recruiting look at local WR's Chris Hilton and Brian Thomas
Friday Night Blitz: Week 1 09-25-2020
LSU changing the recruiting game with prospect led visits
LSU football returns Saturday with no tailgating, 25% capacity in Death Valley
What you need to know before you geaux to Tiger Stadium