Chef of the Month: Chef Don Bergeron Enterprises' Tailgate Shrimp Pasta Salad
BATON ROUGE- It's September which means we have a new Chef of the Month on 2une In. Chef Don Bergeron of Chef Don Bergeron Enterprises/ Mid City Market stopped by the studio on Wednesday to kick off the start of football season with some of his delicious Tailgate Shrimp Pasta Salad.
Tailgate Shrimp Pasta Salad Recipe:
1 Pound Bowtie Pasta, Cooked Al Dente
2 Cups Small Frozen Peas (Thawed)
1 Cup Sliced Green Onions
¾ Cup Sliced Ripe Olives
2 Cups Golden Cherry Tomatoes (Halved)
½ Small Purple Onion (Finely Sliced)
1 Cup Artichoke Hearts (Chopped)
2 Cups Fresh Mushrooms (Sliced)
1 Cup Shredded Parmesan Cheese
1 Pound Cooked Shrimp or Fresh Crabmeat
Directions For Salad:
In a large salad bowl, gently blend all salad ingredients. Toss with dressing and sprinkle with Parmesan Cheese.
Dressing Recipe (Can also use Italian Dressing):
3 Tablespoons Fresh Onion (Chopped)
4 Cloves Garlic (Minced)
1 ½ Teaspoons Dry Mustard
1 ½ Teaspoons Salt
3 Tablespoons Sugar
¾ Teaspoon White Pepper
¾ Cup Salad Oil
½ Cup Olive Oil
½ Cup Cider Vinegar
3 Tablespoons Water
½ Teaspoon Dried Basil
¼ Teaspoon Dried Oregano
Directions For Dressing:
1. In a food processor, process onions and garlic first until smooth.
2. Add mustard, salt, sugar and pepper, process again. While still processing - slowly add salad oil and garlic oil.
3. Add vinegar (1 tablespoon at a time), processing after each addition.
4. Add water, basil and oregano and process briefly.
5. Refrigerate at least two hours before serving.