Chef Don Bergeron Enterprises: Uncle Bud's Cabbage Rolls
BATON ROUGE - Chef Don Bergeron of Chef Don Bergeron Enterprises/ Mid City Market joined us on 2une In this morning for another appearance as our 2une In Chef of the Month. On the menu this morning: Uncle Bud Bergeron's Cabbage Rolls.
-1 large green cabage
-1 lb. ground pork
-1 medium onion, finely chopped
-1 cup green onion, chopped
-1 cup uncooked rice
-2 tsp. salt
-2 tsp. black pepper
-1 tsp. ground cayenne pepper
-¼ cup parsley, chopped
1) Remove large outside green leaves from cabbage and wilt in boiling water.
2) Remove large wilted leaves from boiling water and set aside.
3) Core remainder of cabbage and also place in boiling water to wilt.
4) Mixing remaining ingredients well.
5) Please 2 of 3 heaping tbsp. of mixture in individual cabbage leaves, rolling tightly with folds at ends.
6) Place cabbage rolls close together in a saucepan and put enough water to nearly cover.
7) Bring to a low boil and simmer for 1 ¼ hours.
8) For a variety of taste, a few sprigs of fresh mint, a can of whole tomatoes and/or tomato sauce may be added to liquid. Cabbage rolls may also be steamed.
Watch this video to see Chef Don in action. For more recipes from Chef Don Bergeron Enterprises/Mid City Market, 2une In next Wednesday or click on the related links.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Community mourns Istrouma High School principal, Reginald Douglas
Electro-fishing boats show dangerous asain carp population growth
Local customers may be affected as AT&T employees go on strike
Hundreds from all over the state lined up for American Idol auditions
Funeral service held in Lafayette for former Gov. Kathleen Blanco