Workers rescue Florida girl who fell into chimney
CLEARWATER, Fla. - Rescue workers chipped away part of the chimney on a vacant house to rescue an 8-year-old Florida girl who got stuck inside.
Clearwater Fire and Rescue assistant Chief John Klinefelter says it took crews about 35 minutes to rescue the child on Monday evening. He says Isabella Cooke only had a bruised knee and didn't need to be taken to the hospital.
The Tampa Bay Times reports the girl climbed onto the roof by shimmying up a pole at the back of the home and sliding to the bottom of the chimney. The child lives next door to the vacant home.
Klinefelter says the chimney didn't have the usual opening at the bottom inside the home.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Some Louisiana citizens with disabilities eager to receive COVID vaccine
Burbank Drive burglary victim arrested after allegedly shooting and kidnapping suspected burglar
Traffic Alert: Crash at I-10 WB at Dalrymple Dr/LSU/Exit 156B
Community mourns the loss of 13-year-old killed in pileup on Hwy 190
100 educators vaccinated at Baton Rouge General Wednesday