Woman transported from house fire on Mollylea Drive
BATON ROUGE – One woman has been transferred with burns from the scene of a fire off Florida Blvd. Wednesday afternoon.
According to the Baton Rouge Fire Department, the fire happened around 2:19 p.m. at a home on Mollylea Drive. It took firefighters about 20 minutes to get the flames under control.
BRFD spokesperson Curt Monte reports that the fire was caused by a pot left unattended on a stove. A passing Baton Rouge Police Officer helped the woman out of the home before firefighters arrived.
Monte said damage was contained to the kitchen and the rest of the home recieved smoke and water damage. Firefighters estimate the fire caused $70,000 in damages.
Firefighters found a deceased dog inside the home when the fire was extinguished.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Flooding in Lake Maurepas forcing wildlife out into neighborhoods
Metro Council defers annexation of Willow Ridge homes from St. George into...
Waterway improvements to start early 2021
White House COVID-19 response coordinator Dr. Birx visits LSU, discusses next steps...
Local business owners urge more agencies to roll back property tax rates
LSU changing the recruiting game with prospect led visits
LSU football returns Saturday with no tailgating, 25% capacity in Death Valley
What you need to know before you geaux to Tiger Stadium
Coach O Weekly Press Conference - Game 1 vs. MSU
Coach O speaks with media, says 'most' of team has had coronavirus