Walker hires attorneys in planned lawsuit over flooding
WALKER - The city announced Monday, it hired attorneys for a planned lawsuit over the August flood.
The city said Michael C. Palmintier, APLC and John Neale deGravelles, LLC of Baton Rouge will handle a possible lawsuit against state and federal government agencies related to the flood. Days after the deluge, Walker Mayor Rick Ramsey announced a planned lawsuit in a live TV interview with WBRZ.
Monday, more than a month since the flood, the city said hiring the attorneys was "the first step for the City in litigation regarding construction of the interstate barrier causing flooding in our area." Ramsey contends the high, concrete wall on I-12 blocked water flow and caused flooding in the city. About 80% of the city flooded, Ramsey said previously.
Follow the publisher of this post on Twitter: @treyschmaltz
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
'We can see the end': Louisiana health officials prepare to distribute state's...
Major firefighter organizations urge state leaders to prioritize first responders for COVID-19...
Louisiana may begin receiving vaccines by January
Louisiana to change SNAP schedule
Supreme Court struggles with decision involving non-unanimous juries
LSU loses its wide receiver shortly before game against Crimson Tide
Port Allen advances to 2nd round after huge win over Pine
U High has no problems with Evangel Christian in first round
Belaire making 1st playoff appearance in 17 years Friday
Southeastern women blow out Alcorn State on opening day of college basketball...