US official: Trump wants solo, not multi-party talks with NK
WASHINGTON (AP) - President Donald Trump's national security adviser says the U.S. has little interest in joining forces with other nations to get North Korea to give up its nuclear weapons.
John Bolton told "Fox News Sunday" that the U.S. isn't trying to exclude other nations, but that Trump and Kim Jong Un prefer one-on-one negotiations.
After his talks this week with Kim, Russia President Vladimir Putin suggested the revival of the six-party talks with North Korea, which failed.
Putin said Kim is willing to give up nuclear weapons, but only if he gets ironclad security guarantees supported by a multinational agreement.
Trump's two high-profile meetings with Kim have, so far, yielded no denuclearization roadmap.
Bolton said Trump is still looking at the possibility of a third summit with Kim.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Residents gather to help high crime rate community
Body of dentist found after deadly False River boating crash: 2 killed,...
Waffle House shooting leaves teen dead, 2 others hurt in Ascension
Raging car fire caught on video at Siegen Lane intersection
Coast Guard rescues 7 people, dog from burning boat in gulf
Southern baseball wins game one 21-2 over Alcorn
VIDEO: Former Saints and Tiger Devery Henderson talks about the difference between...
New NCAA rules tweak opens door for more SEC dominance
VIDEO: Devery Henderson Talk about Bluegrass Miracle and the Saints "Rebirth game"
VIDEO: Former Tigers and Saints receiver Devery Henderson talks with Corey Rholdon...