Two people, dog escape Goodwood Blvd. house fire
BATON ROUGE- Authorities say a problem in the A/C room caused a fire at a home on Goodwood Blvd.
The fire was reported around 10 a.m.
Authorities say an 91-year-old man, his dog and the man's caretaker were at the home at the time of the fire. The caretaker was in the kitchen cooking when she smelled smoke. According to a release, the caretaker checked the oven for the order and at that time the smoke detector went off.
The caretaker looked down the hall and opened the door of the AC room and saw flames. She quickly got the homeowner and his dog out of the house.
No injuries were reported.
The house did receive heavy fire and smoke damage.
Red Cross was called out to assist.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Sheriff Edwards takes a look back at the last 20 years before...
Residents say nothing being done about rash of car break-ins, thefts at...
Millions allocated for security upgrades at EBR juvenile facility unspent; money was...
Apple 'NameDrop' feature worries some parents
DA wants teen escapees moved to parish prison